“In a moment when I believed we were all going to die I naturally sought comfort from the only place I knew…” …
450 Marches in over 55 Countries. Pick one and join over 2 million Marchers. …
Nicole Kidman and Heidi Klum attend ‘Nebraska‘… 24/05/2013 10:12 CET
Renowned Indian dancer Raghunath Manet brings his… 23/05/2013 17:00 CET
‘The Bling Ring’ premieres at Cannes film festival 17/05/2013 12:36 CET
The spirit of Pierre de Coubertin at Cannes film… 16/05/2013 10:55 CET
Scene is set for Cannes Film Festival 15/05/2013 16:35 CET
Day ten of the Cannes film festival, and two more movies competing for the top prize.
French Oscar winner Marion Cotillard together with Joaquin Phoenix star in one of the entries for the Palme d’Or, “The Immigrant”.
It’s about a young woman, played by Cotillard who arrives in America at the turn of the century. Her character, Ewa, is forced into a life of burlesque by Joaquin Phoenix’s character, Bruno Weiss, until a magician, Orlando, played by Jeremy Renner tries to save her.
‘The Immigrant’ has echoes in today’s treatment of Mexicans in the US, which was the director’s intention. It vividly portrays the teeming life in New York in the 1900s. But it has opened to mixed reviews in the US.
Meanwhile, another entry, ‘Michael Kohlkaas’ stars Mads Mikkelsen, who won best actor at Cannes last year. Set in the 1700s in France and based on a German novel, it’s about a a horse trader who takes up arms against a local lord.
Copyright © 2013 euronews
Senator Rand Paul hit out yesterday at the White House and the president himself regarding his handling of the triple whammy of scandals his administration has become embroiled in. …
Iran’s top nuclear negotiator, who is one of the favourites in the presidential race, has vowed to stand up to the West if he is elected next month. Saeed Jalili told a rally in Tehran that he wanted to spread the global influence of Islam. One of several conservatives among…
The UK Foreign Office has issued a travel warning for Sweden after arsonists tore through several Stockholm suburbs, while Americans have been warned to stay out of the affected areas by their embassy. …
He is rich. Very rich.
He is famous. Extremely famous – on a worldwide scale.
He is handsome. But that, I guess, is rather subjective.
He is married to a celebrity. In fact, he is a celebrity himself.
He is David Beckham.
On Sunday, 26th of May 2013, David Beckham’s French League One Champions, Paris Saint-Germain play their last championship game of the season at the home of Lorient.
It could be the last time Beckham appears on a football pitch, at least as a professional player.
Creating a persona and career as prominent as Beckham’s is no mean feat, maintaining one is even tougher.
During his 20-year-long carrier as a footballer, David Beckham has a lot of facts and figures to be proud of.
The numbers never lie.
Name: David Robert Joseph Beckham
Date of birth: 2 May 1975
Place of birth: Leytonstone, London
From 1993 to 2003: Manchester United – 265 appearances and 62 goals
From 1994 to 1995: Preston North End (on loan) – 5 appearances and 2 goals
Frm 2003 to 2007: Real Madrid – 116 appearances and 13 goals
From 2007 to 2012: Los Angeles Galaxy – 98 appearances and 18 goals
In 2009: Milan (on loan) – 18 appearances and 2 goals
In 2010: Milan (on loan) – 11 appearances
In 2013: Paris Saint-Germain – 10 appearances
Total: 523 appearances and 97 goals (in national leagues only)
From 1992 to 1993: England U18 – 3 appearances
From 1994 to 1996: England U21 – 9 appearances
From 1996 to 2009: England – 115 appearances and 17 goals
• Premier League championships: 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03
• FA Cup titles: 1995–96, 1998–99
• FA Community Shield titles: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997
• FA Youth Cup title: 1991–92
• UEFA Champions League winner: 1998–99
• Intercontinental Cup winner: 1999
• La Liga championship: 2006–07
• Supercopa de España winner: 2003
Los Angeles Galaxy
• MLS Cup winner: 2011, 2012
• MLS Supporters’ Shield winner: 2010, 2011
• Ligue 1 winner: 2012–13
• Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year: 1996–97
• England Player of the Year: 2003
• UEFA Club Footballer of the Year : 1998–99
• UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year : 1998–99
• Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992–93 to 2001–02):
• UEFA Team of the Year : 2001,2003
• Real Madrid Player of the Year : 2005–2006
• English Football Hall of Fame: 2008
• First Englishman to win league titles in four different countries (England, Spain, USA, France)
• First England player to score at three World Cups
• First British footballer to play 100 Champions League games
• Has the joint-second most goal assists in European Championship finals history
• Has been England’s best regular World Cup player since England last won it in 1966 – having created the most chances.
• Third in the Premier League’s all time time assist provider chart, with 152 assists in 265 appearances.